CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

So Disappointed!

I hate when I go shopping actually planning on spending a decent amount of $ (for me anyways) and walk out not even spending $20. I seriously need some new jeans and sweaters because I only have two pairs of jeans that fit right now and not many warm tops. I have another two pairs of "skinny" jeans but well, my skinny days are few and far between right now. I've got a couple good winter sweaters but a lot of my ones from last year are starting to look really pilly and worn. So, I went to Old Navy tonight with the plan of buying 2-3 pairs of jeans and a couple sweaters. I can usually get jeans there on clearance plus I had my 30% Stuff & Save coupon. Unfortunately the sweater situation was crap - nothing cute at all! And there were almost *no* jeans on clearance, there was only one style I thought was cute and they were still $18.99. So I grabbed them, a top that was on sale, a cutie pair of grey corduroys, and another style of jeans that were also on sale. Now normally at Old Navy I wear either an XL or XXL top depending on fit and a size 10 in jeans. In fact, the jeans I was wearing today were a size 10 and I absolutely must wear a belt with them or they're falling off halfway through the day. The top I tried on was an XL and I was swimming in it! I didn't even bother grabbing a L to try on because it was obviously just not cut to fit right. The corduroys weren't cut for my body type - the waist fit fine but since I basically have no hips and thinner thighs they were super baggy in those areas. The clearance jeans I had grabbed were actually a 12 but were so skin tight I could barely breathe. Lastly I tried on the sale jeans, the 12 was a little snug but I know how Old Navy jeans stretch out so I decided to get them. The price tag said $34.50 but they were on a rack with a sale sign for $25. When I took them to the register they rang up full price - luckily I always know to watch the register at Old Navy because half the time sale stuff doesn't actually ring up at the lower price. I said that they should be on sale and ended up even walking the clerk over to the display that clearly said "Diva Flare Cut Distressed Jeans $25 - Normally $34.50". She agreed they should be on sale and called across to her manager to do a price override. Well, this other clerk grabbed my jeans out of her hands and said "No, these are SUPER Flares. They're not on sale". I quickly pointed out that they were the *only* style of jean on that rack and so had to be the sale style. Then I had to walk the manager over and show her and finally got my stupid jeans for the sale price. And, since I'm so thrifty, I used my 30% off so got the jeans for basically half their regular price - barely worth all the trouble it took though! I definitely need a few more things to get through the winter, but at least now I have another pair of jeans!

1 comments:

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Sorry you couldn't find anything! I'm in the same boat :(

Want to go shopping?