CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not how I'd planned...

So Quentin had his ultrasound today to determine if he can go off the chemo. Well, the good news is that he's basically done with chemo - I'm supposed to finish out the bottle of pills that he has now and then he's done. Unfortunately, that's the only part that's stopping. I guess I didn't remember everything correctly, but he still has to take the prednisone every other night and go in for ultrasounds every 3 months. That means I'll still have basically all of the expenses as before. Most people think the chemo is what's expensive but really that's only about $35 a month - the cost is in the ultrasounds, blood work, and vet visits. It sounds like he won't need to go in for the blood work as often but the ultrasounds are still nearly $200 each time :( I forgot to ask what to do about the week I'm in Montana in December. With him still needing the prednisone every other day that'd be going 3-4 days without it...



0 comments: