CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 8, 2010

So far...not so good.

Okay, seriously, I need to start doing something more with this whole losing weight thing. One thing that I want to do is make a list of my breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices and then plan out my week of meals. I think not having ideas already ready for me is part of what ends up with me eating take out or crappy food. If I had a breakfast planned in advance then I probably wouldn't be so tempted by the pastry case at Starbucks. If I had a lunch ready to easily pack it wouldn't end up being a choice of Pamela's (Mac n' Cheese or French Dip), Courthouse (Grilled Cheese, Chix Strips, or Burger), or Westlake (Pizza or Sesame Chicken). If I had a dinner planned with ingredients bought and waiting for me at home it wouldn't be so easy to go to a drive-thru or pick up a frozen pizza. So, for the next couple days I'm going to brainstorm a list of ideas for each meal so I can mix and match them each day. Any thoughts?

1 comments:

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Glenn was making breakfast burritos and freezing three or four at a time. He did the same with scones.

For lunch, I pack it for him the night before. When I remember. In trying to get better. It's boring....usually just sandwich, crackers and apple. Sometimes soda and protein bar.

I try to plan dinners for the whole week. That way I can plan things that use the same ingredients, we save money and reduce waste. I need to get back into doing that.

I know you don't have a lot of time. What about using Safeway.com or amazon fresh?