CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Cold!

Well this is going to be a short blog tonight because there is a Winter Storm Warning going on right now - my lights are flickering and I definitely want to be offline before the power goes completely out. Plus, I have to wake up at *5AM* tomorrow for work! Craziness! I am definitely going to need a few extra shots of caffeine before my date tomorrow night. That's right, the guy I've been talking with from okcupid and I are going out tomorrow for dinner. I'm feeling pretty positive about it, but do have a few reservations. I'm not used to dating and do have several "quirks" that don't fit in to the modern dating world. (This might be where sissy needs to cover her eyes and say la la la) Basically, when compared to today's single women - I'm a prude. That is, until I'm in a significant relationship. I can honestly say that I've never slept with someone that I didn't love. I'm comfortable in my sexuality and can talk and joke about it freely. However, I've discovered that I have to be very clear with someone I'm dating that "it" just plain isn't going to happen within a set number of dates. It's up to the guy to decide if he wants to wait for me to be ready or isn't that patient and just wants to call it quits. So, that's my worry with this guy. He's already made a few sexual innuendo jokes and I know those are pretty easy to make through email and text so maybe he's just a little too comfortable that way. My dating profile does very clearly state that I am only interested in serious dating and ltr and have zero interest in casual sex...so, hopefully it all goes well and he's just trying to break the ice with some not quite inappropriate comments. I mean if we'd known each other in person for this long I would likely be completely comfortable with it and laughed it off. I'm pretty sure it's just because we haven't met in person and I have that little worry about whether he's really looking for someone to settle down with like he says or if he's just a guy looking for a piece of ass.

2 comments:

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

I was never one to, er, give it up real fast or casually or whatever, but that doesn't mean you have to spell it all out on the first date.

"Hi, nice to meet you. You will not be getting laid by date three. okthxgoodbye."

HAVE FUN!!!

starlight said...

Well, it's not that I bring up the subject myself but in my little bit of dating experience I've had more than one guy suggest that it should happen on the first or second date - once they've brought it up I feel that it's necessary to lay it on the line. If that's all he's interested in then he's not the right guy for me anyway!