CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 2, 2009

What the Eff??

So I just checked my email, like, two seconds ago and get this - I have a new friend request on facebook. From my high school boyfriend. Umm...no thanks dude. He contacted me about 3 years ago through myspace, apologized for everything he'd done to me and let me know that he was clean, sober, and a serious christian now. He sent me a friend request through there and I told him that while I accepted his apology and was glad he was doing good that he was a part of my past and I really wasn't interested in having that part of my life back. So wtf? Why is he sending me a request on facebook now?? Even just looking at his fb page my heart started racing - and not in a good way. See, our relationship was a very...tumultuous one. As my first relationship it definitely set some sort of level for what I expect/accept/whatever in my love life. We probably broke up and got back together at least 20 times during the two and a half years we were together. There was constant drama. He cheated on me with my best friend. I stayed another year after I found out. We took a "break" before I decided it was time to actually break up but at that point he was so far into crank I couldn't even understand him or what he was doing. Which is probably why he sort of started stalking me. He would call me begging me to go see him, to talk to him. I always refused but would be destroyed for about a week and then start to heal and then after another week or two he'd call again and it would start all over. Whenever I picked up the phone and heard his voice I'd start panicking. He isn't exactly someone that I would consider a healthy relationship for me - even as a friendship.

So, am I a bitch for ignoring his friend request? Am I required to send him a message that says thanks, but no thanks? Honestly, I want no contact with him whatsoever. Unless, that is, he wants to give me the $3,000 he owes me...

1 comments:

Kristen said...

No response needed. You already told him how you felt on myspace. You could message him though and ask for your money back. But I don't think that's worth your time...

Maybe since he's all born-again or whatever he feels the need to mend old wrongdoings?