CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ahhh...the good ol' days

So on Thursday we're having a Recognition Meeting at work with a theme.

An 80's theme.

Now, at first I planned to go all "Designing Women" with a denim suit and some awesomely huge gold jewelry that I borrowed from Claudia. But then last night it hit me. This is the one and only time I could get away with being rocker-chick at work. 80's punk rock chick, but still rocker-chick. So, new plan! Now I'm going for more of a Sid & Nancy/Ramones/CBGB kind of look...I picked up a Ramones t-shirt on clearance at Hot Topic, some awesome bondage pants (which I've been wanting a pair anyways...good for shows, etc.) and I can amazingly still fit into my Doc Martens from high school.

So I tried on the whole shebang tonight and looked in the mirror. Perfect. Not sure if everyone at work will get it, I have a feeling most of them will be working the neon/pastel/preppy looks of the 80's but I've got to represent the punk crowd :) Plus this extra bit of uniqueness might help me get the votes. Top prize per division is $200! The only sad thing was that looking in the mirror, I saw me in high school. I miss me in high school. I miss running around in my ripped fishnets, leopard print everything, and vinyl corsets (really, I swear I didn't dress like a whore, just a good little goth/punk girl) and going to a different concert every other week...ahh, the good old days!

Now the only decision that needs to be made - do I ride the bus to work all punked out or do I change when I get there? I'll arrive about 20-30 minutes before the meeting starts and honestly I'd like as few people as possible to see me beforehand so the surprise kinda all comes in one shot of fabulousness...

0 comments: